Saturday, November 22, 2003

Ok peeps it’s gonna be a long long blog. So bear with me.

First of all lemme tell u this story that happened to me just this morning while I was waiting for the bus to go to work.

The Attack
Ok I was sitting down at the bus stop minding my own business, waiting for an insanely slow bus (dats another story). As I was sitting I glanced downwards and lo and behold there at my feet was a swarm of ants. It’s the black ones that scurry about, not the red ones thank god. But newayz, these things like came from nowhere and were like gathering around my feet.

So I was tapping my foot trying to scare these bugs away but they kept coming and they started to crawl up my foot! I was like, the hell?!? Like they were psycho ants or sumthing. So I did wat any self respecting person would do. I gt up and stood on another corner of the bus stop. But the bloody buggers followed me and came like trailing after my foot! Like I didn’t step on any sweet things or anything dat could attract ants! I smelt perfectly fine.

So then I started to step on them coz they were irritating me. Oh den I got on the bus. Hah. Ok my strange encounter of the day.

Next on the list.

Death

Ive been thinking bout death as of late. Keyword here is DEATH not DYING. Like I noticed humans are really preoccupied bout death. If u didn’t realize religions were created so ppl could feel better bout death. Think about it, u do some things according to some god and u go to heaven or paradise or nirvana. Religions give u somewhere nice to go when u die. And to make things either complicated or easier (depending on wat ur view is) oly certain ppl can get in to the “nice place.” Pardon me for being blunt but I’m just trying to get a basic point across. The point is people are afraid to die. Well so am I but who isn’t.

Old buddies


Ok.. I found one of my buddies from primary skool from frenster. I dunno brings back a sense of nostalgia. Thinking bout all those carefree days when we caught insect and lizards. Ahhh those were the days. Where innocence abound, ok I wasn’t dat innocent but hey mostly. Hehehe. I smile.

PopuLArity

Ahh ok on to the main topic.

Do any of u remember this show way back in 2000 I think, called Popular? It was like shown on Channel 5 on weds I think. Here’s a link.

But I’ll give u a recap anyway. It about this group of teens in Jackie Kennedy High in the U.S of A. Its mainly about this two groups of kids the popular ones and the unpopular ones. The series chronicles the their lives and how they cope being in their respective groups. It also shows that the popular kids want to be normal and the unpopular ones want to be popular.

Popular kidz

Brooke McQueen (Lead CheerLeader and wet dream material of many in the skool)
Josh Ford (Head of the Football team & singer n Drama Enthusiasts )
Nicole Julian (head Bitch and second in command to the cheerleaders)
Mary Cherry ( Cheerleader and Rich, spoilt and campy Texan Woman!! Woo!)
Sugar B ( just a best fren of Josh, popular by association)
Popita Fresh (Cheerleader and latino representative)

Un Popular kidz

Samantha McPherson ( Underdog Representative & journalist)
Harrison John (quiet shy boy)
Carmen Ferrera (Fat and sassy Dance enthusiast)
Lily Esposito (activist and campaigner extraordinaire)

Back then in sec skool I tot this show was really relevant coz there was popular kids in sec skool and well I was one of the unpopular ones. But now in poly, it seems more relevant!!! There are 2 kinds of popularity, at least in my books:

1)popularity in the sense that everyone loves u and u are well known by the adoring public.

2)Popularity in the sense dat ur famous for some reason or another, regardless of nice or not nice. Kool one might say. No one really noes u but the mere mention of ur name brings awe!

I’m toking bout number 2. hey maybe these two reasons are one and the same to you but to me they are different.

Ok do this when skool reopens and just look around and u’ll see these popular kidz. U’ll just noe them coz well they’re popular. I’M NOT SAYING POPULAR IS BAD N I DON’T MEAN TO OFFEND. Dats not the point entirely.

I’m writing this not to diss the popular ones coz popular is good! We all wanna be popular. And Dats true. I’m just speaking for the underdogs who are oppressed by not being popular. And I offer u a way out!

Steps to Being Popular. Kinda works, take with a pinch of salt.

Step 1

U have to be vaguely good looking or chio. Doesn’t have to be drop dead gorgeous just a pleasant face and look. If ur not good looking consider a make over. But choose ur ‘look’ properly, it can be sweet, punk, rock, skater, posh, rebel or hippie. Whatever it is choose wisely. Coz it’s important.

Step 2

Live up to ur image. If u choose the hippie look, then live up to it. But but don’t go overboard with it. Subtle is the word here. Less is more. Be normal but with a pinch of difference. Get it?

Step 3

This works especially well with guys. Will work with girls too. The step is. Play a sport, ppl love sumone who is sporty and fit. Choose a sport that the majority likes. Sports like soccer or basketball. Or even those offbeat ones like fencing. Not chess please. And water sports a big plus.

Step 4

Choose an art form. It may be drama, poetry or painting. Philosophy is good too. Everyone admires a brainiac. U don’t have to be an expert in it just be interested in it.

See. there ya go. 4 BASIC STEPS to being popular or at least get noticed. But NO ONE EVER TRIED IT YET. So if ya do tell me so I can be famous and popular coz I told u how to do it. Haha…

Basically it is to be one big contradiction. It’s ur into sports but ur also a painter?! Like wow! Dats the reaction ur loking for. It will attract people like bees to honey. And u’ll be popular. I think.

Hahaha ok… I’ll have to try it out myself before I go on…. Toodles… told ya it was one long blog. CONGRATULATIONS IF U MADE IT THIS FAR. Here ya go have a smilie :)

Ok lah nitez…

No comments: